Sunday, October 3, 2010

Its Always Sunny...



I absolutely loved Philadelphia!!  It's such a cool city, easy to navigate, with a lot of historic buildings.  I saw so much, but it wasn't overwhelming like New York can be.  I fell for the City Hall building- probably took a million pictures of that building alone.  It's so huge and has great architectural features, along with bronze statues at the top.  The clock glows a nice orange-yellow at night and the building is illuminated with flood lights.  Near City Hall is the Masonic Temple and Penn Square.  I also enjoyed a couple hours sitting near a fountain that has pink water, in honor of Breast Cancer Month.  Broad Street, near the Arts District, also has a lot of really nice buildings: Opera house, Philadelphia Theatre Company, Broad Street ministry, Union League... I took all of these pictures after dark because the lights really have a great effect on these buildings. 


I walked passed Chinatown, the US Mint, Federal Reserve (which you are not allowed to take photos of, I found out), Independence Hall, I saw the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's grave, the Betsy Ross House, Old City Hall, a free Quaker meeting house, and the Friends Meeting house.  I walked this city so much, of course I was hungry and ate a cheese steak.  It was cheese whiz heaven in my mouth... I don't even care for onions that much, but I was told to order "one whiz with" (cause that's how it's done here so the line moves) and this sandwich had chopped up steak, and cheese whiz with grilled onions.  Yum yum! I wanted another, but chose to stop in this little Italian cafe called On the Rim Cafe.  I ate the best truffles I have ever had: one original, one almond, one pumpkin, and one coconut- on the house.  I had to roll back to my car, I was so stuffed!

And, of course for Amanda and Carl, I walked to Paddy's Pub where they film "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." Nice little bar where a lot of regulars visit, although they have their fair share of tourists coming through, like me :)  Also went by the new bar opened up by the makers of the show:  Mac's Tavern.  This one was a little more modern and high end, obviously because it's new and was opened after the show got big.

Over all, I really took to Philadelphia and wish I knew someone here so I could stay longer.  I covered a lot of ground and definitely had an awesome day here.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had some time to play games to. I seen the Monopoly and Sorry pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barb it's the 4th where are the new posts?

    ReplyDelete