Thursday, October 21, 2010

If you walk a little ways out and just look in every direction at the never ending landscape, wow.  You feel so incredibly small.  
I spent the entire day exploring the dunes and wanted to get some sunset shots.  I did what I could at dusk and then got a couple as the sun was setting, but a bad storm was heading in and everyone had to leave the park.  


 
The dunes look so different in the evening, as most nature does.  They looked like they had more dimension from the sun's rays shining out through the clouds.
These were just some spectacular views and an incredible experience.  
Drove towards Tucson (with about a beach's worth of sand in my car), avoiding the tornado south of me that was headed in my direction, to stay with some friends for the next couple days.  Time to re-coop.

 

   












(Oh, and for anyone who read the Austin post, I replaced the bat picture with a lighten up version... hope that helped!)

1 comment:

  1. WOW....Some great shots. What do you mean out running a tornado???....You didnt want to add storm chaser to your resume on your 2 month trip?

    ReplyDelete