Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween from Sin City!

Coming to Vegas is always a great time.  Two of my friends live there and we have a blast.  I didn't know I was going to be here on the weekend of Halloween, but was really glad it worked out that way.  Halloween is my favorite holiday and I really didn't want to be on the road in the middle of nowhere, missing a good haunted house or scary movie.  I've been down to the Strip a few times and really didn't need to spend time there on this visit (besides, I would like to spend my birthday here- save the partying for then!).
 
We had our pumpkin-carving night with the Rocky Horror Picture Show playing in the background on the eve of Halloween.  I carved a bat and Kellie carved Spongebob... I thought they were quite impressive. 
Doin' the Time Warp dance and lighting pumpkins in the window was a good way to end a low-key night :)


Halloween was spent hiking in Red Rock Canyon- a nice easy trail- and had lunch near La Madre Spring.  Beautiful weather and a perfect scenic lunch date!

For dinner, Bill and Kellie brought me to "the best buffet in Las Vegas" an the M Resort... this buffet was insane and so good and so dangerous... I really thought I was going to explode!  Crab legs, sushi, ribs, tri tip, vegetables, rolls, salad, pad tai, teriyaki chicken, fruit, yogurt, sweet potatoes, paella, and the best desserts too: cookies, pudding shots, cheesecake, chocolate-covered marshmallows, chocolate-covered rice krispie treats, gelato... oh my gosh.  It includes beer and wine too, but I certainly couldn't drink at a time like this.  I tried a glass of cider, and that put my over the top as far as FULL goes.  I had 3-1/2 plates and 2 dessert plates.  I experienced my first real food coma!

After resting off the some of the huge meal, Bill brought me too... guess what???... a SAW haunted house!!!
I couldn't believe the coincidence.  I didn't even think I would make it to Vegas by the end of Oct, but after leaving FL early 'cause the SAW attraction wasn't there, it all worked out.
We went to Circus Circus, where they turned the Adventure Dome to the Terror Dome: 5 haunted houses, 3 scare zones, and rides all in one!  It was awesome... I had a great time.  It made me feel better about "missing Halloween" in Chicago.

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice pumpkins!! Well after intense hiking the last few days your weeping legs im sure were glad you ate at that buffet. WE r planning to go to see Saw 3D this week.

    ReplyDelete