Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I stopped to eat at a diner called Oarweed and got a window seat to view the ocean. Ordered a special that included a cup of seafood chowder, 1.25lb lobster, and any dessert on the menu. The chowder was outstanding. When the lobster arrived, I basically just sat there for about 8 minutes trying to figure out what to do. I don't even like to eat chicken wings off the bone; how was I going to tear this guy apart? Well, I found the courage to do so, but I could only imagine the terrible wincing expression on my face each time I had to crack another part of the shell or pull a leg off. And when I saw the eyes watching me... forget it! I turned him around, took a moment to regroup, and finished the tail. All in all, after about 30 min, I found it to be awesome! Will never find such a lobster in Chicago for sure. Oh, and my dessert was a HUGE strawberry shortcake :)

Breezed through Kittery outlet shopping on my way out of Maine and headed to Gloucester. Realized how dark it had gotten by the time I arrived and just continued onto Salem. Gonna start witch-hunting early, and then start in Boston.

2 comments:

  1. Dont u just hate it when something is watching you when your tryin to eat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, not only was the lobster staring me down, I had an old couple finding it comical at the table acros from me!

    ReplyDelete